SHORT STORY: TWENTY MINUTES - Wakanewz Wakanewz | Nigeria's Most Visited Music, Entertainment and Lifestyle blog -->

Iklan Billboard 970x250

SHORT STORY: TWENTY MINUTES

Iklan 728x90

Subscribe to get free updates

SHORT STORY: TWENTY MINUTES

SHORT STORY: TWENTY MINUTES
SHARE THIS POST



                It was a long smooth ride back home after being away from my lovely husband and my beautiful 2 year old daughter, few kilometers to drop off point my ride back home lost its break and was unable to slow the car down from ramming into an incoming truck. The last thing I remembered before waking up on an hospital bed was the collision sound, it was then I noticed the presence of my lovely husband and my beautiful baby girl staring at me and I was unable to utter any word.
                Later, it occurred to me that my life was hanging on to a life support machine. All I could think about was about how unfair God is, after all I did, living a good and holy life. I could hear every disccusion going on in the hospital room but unable to utter a single word, later the doctor came in to break the most unpleasant news in my life so far.
                 He looked into my husband's eyes and said the normal thing every doctor says when they're about to break a sad news. He said we tried all our best but as you know we treat and take care of patients but only God heals, at this point my husband became furious and voiced out angrily at the doctor to say whatever he was going to say then he said sir,  your wife has twenty minutes more on the land of the living.
                 My husband walked out of the room with my baby girl while the doctor disconnected the life support machine from me after realizing that I've heard about the development. I dashed out of the room crying with a broken heart, i decided to stop running when I saw a familiar figure which happened to be the young lady that was seated beside me in the same car before things turned round resulting to us being in the hospital. The doctor that treated me also broke the same bad news to her that she had 20 minutes more to live, I felt for her not until she did an amazing thing which got me blaming myself.
              She went down on her kneels and started thanking God for the gift of life and for the grace he has bestowed upon her to be able to ask for forgiveness of her sins and the grace to be able to right her wrongs within the 20 minutes she had left on earth, she was busy thanking God and praying to God to keep her family safe.
             Twenty minutes gone and she died while I was still alive, I was surprised but then the doctor came running towards me that the result was meant for the lady that just died. On hearing this I broke into tears and started asking for forgiveness, I had the grace for restitution even though I was going to die, I was blaming God for not giving me long life to do the things I had intended to do rather than thanking him for the gift of life he gave unto me to have done the things I did.
               My fellow brothers and sisters let's try and be grateful for everything this 2019, whether good or bad, no one really knows tomorrow so let's be grateful for today and yesterday so that we may receive grace to see tomorrow.




Written by : Kolawole Timilehin (Mr Kiddah)
SHARE
Subscribe to get free updates

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Iklan Tengah Post