Alvaro Morata says he was "destined" to work with Antonio Conte at Chelsea and believes the club can beat his former employers Real Madrid - Wakanewz Wakanewz | Nigeria's Most Visited Music, Entertainment and Lifestyle blog -->

Iklan Billboard 970x250

Alvaro Morata says he was "destined" to work with Antonio Conte at Chelsea and believes the club can beat his former employers Real Madrid

Iklan 728x90

Subscribe to get free updates

Alvaro Morata says he was "destined" to work with Antonio Conte at Chelsea and believes the club can beat his former employers Real Madrid

Alvaro Morata says he was "destined" to work with Antonio Conte at Chelsea and believes the club can beat his former employers Real Madrid
SHARE THIS POST
Alvaro Morata says he was "destined" to work
with Antonio Conte at Chelsea and believes the
club can beat his former employers Real Madrid.
Chelsea's confirmed new No 9, Morata, is
planning to make his bow in Tuesday's friendly
against Bayern Munich, after signing for the
London club on a five year-deal for a fee which
could eventually cost the Blues £70m.
Morata had looked close to a move to Manchester
United earlier this summer before Jose
Mourinho's side brought in Romelu Lukaku, but
the Spain international insists uniting with Conte
was fate after the pair missed out on a
partnership at Juventus.
"I know Antonio wanted me in the past and I really
want to work with Antonio, and finally destiny put
us together," Morata told Chelsea's official
website.
"I can't wait to play for him and for Chelsea and to
win together.
"It was disappointing in 2014 when he went to
Italy, but I played well and had a good year at
Juventus, but I really want to work with this coach
and finally I can.
"I know his work, the staff. I know it is a lot of
tactics and I really like this game and I know how
to play with this system."
Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte believes Alvaro
Morata's style of play is suited to the Premier League
Morata returned to Real Madrid in 2016 after an
impressive spell at Juventus, but the forward
failed to earn a regular first-team spot under
Zinedine Zidane - despite having a goals-to-
minutes ratio (one every 89 minutes) only bettered
by Lionel Messi in La Liga.
The 24-year-old striker has held a long-term
ambition to play in the English top flight, and after
finally achieving his wish he has backed his new
side to beat Europe's biggest teams.
Morata's 15 La Liga goals for Real Madrid in 2016/17
resulted in the team winning an additional 13 points
"It is the perfect situation," he said. "I decided to
play in the Premier League and I want to play in
Antonio's team. Now I need to work hard, score
goals and to play well for the team. There are very
good players here and I think we can do
something amazing this year.
"It is hard to leave Madrid but it is not so hard
when you come to a club like Chelsea, with these
players and with this coach, and I think we can
play against Real Madrid and Barcelona and win."
Morata will link up with several of his Spain
national team-mates at Chelsea, having already
admitted Cesar Azpilicueta helped convince him of
the move to Stamford Bridge, but the forward
intends to put himself outside his comfort zone.
He added: "For me it is very good I have many
Spanish players here but I think I need to speak a
lot with the other team-mates to learn good
English!"
SHARE
Subscribe to get free updates

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.

Post a Comment

Iklan Tengah Post