(Short Story) A DATE WITH THE DAMSEL - Wakanewz Wakanewz | Nigeria's Most Visited Music, Entertainment and Lifestyle blog -->

Iklan Billboard 970x250

(Short Story) A DATE WITH THE DAMSEL

Iklan 728x90

Subscribe to get free updates

(Short Story) A DATE WITH THE DAMSEL

(Short Story) A DATE WITH THE DAMSEL
SHARE THIS POST


The light went off in the middle of the music bleating like a goat. I was shocked. I couldn’t leave the baring desire to keep the dance on. The darkness lingered in phases breaking the brilliant moments. “Oh my God”, I whispered as the driver drove in unannounced. I jolted in fear, shaking in the striking rays of the revving car, which unveiled the room in the fleeting darkness. The light slipped-off through the neighbourhood and the streets next to our house became deep in silence. All again, a clung broke the humming silence as I tiptoed towards the door. I heard the hard edges of the soles knock the floor in varying steps. I bent peeping through the ajar door. I was caught unawares than earlier thought!
Time after time, my heart beat increasingly stirring hot sweats out of my body. I took more steps heading for the porch, hoping not to wake a sound. The car vanished in distance and the gate was back in its full stretch. I was stuck and stood sheepishly waiting in a corner. The sound got closer as my heart palpitated, while I stared at the glittering car. I turned the door’s knob and shook stealthily, a second at a time. A fading figure moved nearer as I gazed into the darkness, which uncovered my eagerness.
I let go my fears and opened the door. Her voice came so early and dearly, but met me unprepared. It seemed like a joke which left me so perturbed. I’d set up my room and made an ambience that matched our date. I’d been cooking and dancing, savouring the sweetness of the night. She sauntered in beauty knocking out my doubts. She looked ravishingly radiant glowing in delicate smiles. I rushed to the bathroom to change the soaked shirt and dabbed my wet face. She was already in with her ethereal allure.
Yet again, the final bubble burst halting the dangling adventure. “Yeee, haaa…Why again?”. I saw flashes of light pass through the windows, beaming closer and closer. The light ended the approaching lust that swept through my heart. She had already sat on the couch in the living room waiting for the drink. The gate was widely open and my uncle stepped out of his car. I ran to the backyard rushing to take her through the back door. The key broke but she was able to gain her exit.
My uncle yelled in his vehement voice, “Open the door. Who’s home?”. I grew a little nervous and struggled to open the door. In a little while, he entered banging the door and went straight to the kitchen. I stayed glued to my bed expecting a bombshell. Beyond my shrinking thoughts, my uncle was heavily tired. He ate his meal and moved to his bed. It was a new dawn. I’d been in my bed sleeping through the night.
story credits Ojo Oyeyemi J. (2016)
SHARE
Subscribe to get free updates

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Iklan Tengah Post